This guide will help you to learn how to draw a pair of eyeglasses. Some people have a bit of trouble drawing a pair of glasses from scratch. With a bit of practice, drawing a pair of glasses is a cinch if you understand how they are drawn.
Glasses, also known as eyeglasses or spectacles, were first recorded in the annals of history in the year 1268 A.D. According to scientist Roger Bacon, magnifying lenses set in frames that were used for reading were already common in both Europe and China.
In this simple yet realistic drawing lesson, we will show you how to draw glasses – one of the most popular accessories in the world.
Using this tutorial, you can draw any glasses. Actually, all glasses differ only in shape. Today we will show you how to depict this accessory using the example of the legendary Ray-Ban glasses.
People wear glasses for many different reasons. Some people use them to help them see while others wear them as a fashion statement!
Dark glasses can help protect your eyes from the sun, while special protective glasses can help protect the eyes of people working with dangerous material.
Because everyone is familiar with some form of glasses, many would like to learn how they can learn how to draw glasses so they can design their own cool eyewear!
If you’re one of these people, you’re in the right place.
How to draw glasses Step by Step
- Draw the two outlines for lenses and rims of the glasses. These lenses won’t be entirely circular in shape but will be more of an oval shape with squared off ends on either side.
- Next, will draw the bridges of the eye glasses. This particular pair will have two bridges in total, one on top of the other. Draw two simple lines that attach to both lenses.
- Finish drawing the rest of the two bridges as shown in this step. In total, there should be four separate lines stacked one on top of the other to form two of the bridges.
- In this step, we will draw the hinges of the glasses. Each side should have one hinge.
- Draw the temples at the ends of each hinge. In this step, simply draw two lines from the end parts of both hinges. Also, draw each temple to have a curved tip at the end as well.
Some glasses drawing pictures